Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A DAY OF DAYS!!!!

I received an email from an old studio pal this morning. It seems he had heard through the proverbial grapevine of my plans to simplify my life with less technology and was concerned for my mental well being. How very sweet of him. He is British so I will quote him for you...." I am worried for you love. Do you find yourself permanently besotted? Are you proper wanked?" This is his way of being highly concerned that I have completely lost my mind. (i had to look up besotted. it means very drunk. i will have to use this word as often as possible now. i heart it:)

I assured him that no...I am absolutely proper fine. I will work as I see fit and as the project strikes my proper fancy. (i also love to throw out proper...as you can see) I then explained that today marked a DAY OF DAYS in the life MOI!!!! Today I am going to see one of the bands that I have always wanted to see. A band that when people first meet me, learn of my personality, my faith, and every other aspect of my life....become quite surprised that I am such a die hard fan of. Ladies and gentlemen of la blog......I give you....TOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I Mean seriously....I may actually have a small stroke from the excitement. Or at the very least...a giggle fit. Any fears my friend may have had regarding my new found life of simplicity were laid to rest the second I outlined my plan of attack for the evening. Which will go a lil' something like this...

Maynard James Keenan...the lead singer of Tool...has no doubt picked up on the psychic vibrations of my impending arrival. He's ready, I'm sure of it. He shall call to me from my seat on high and invite me on stage to sing my favorite song, 46 and 2. I will harmonize with stunning perfection. We will banter in between guitar and drum solos about any number of political and social issues. And of course we will bond over our mutual love of all things Oneology. After which he will realize he cannot live without my company and he will invite me and my family to come live with him and his family and we will all live and make music happily ever after.

My friend didn't bother emailing me. He called me to say he loved me and that I had redeemed myself marvelously. Actually he said "maaaaahhhhveloooosleee" He then cautioned me to remember that I was a married woman and to "keep me dainties to meself"

Always sound advice:) TOOL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment