Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Evil....with sprinkles...

   As a completely normal and natural reaction to the insanity that IS my children today...I have decided that at some point in the very near future I may need to get besotted. Proper besotted.

   If they would go crazy one at time...I could hang. Two at a time even...I think I could deal. But all three at once? My fantasies of escaping to an untouched island with Jesse and living off the land, drinking from coconut shells and running around half nekkid have now been replaced with leaving to get groceries and simply never returning. Right now it sounds delightful.

   Right now I have to keep the broader picture in mind. I quit work in the maddening world of music because it was stealing precious time away from my children. I did this for them. Because I love them. Because they need me.

  But tonight...as I prepare to jump in the car YET again to speed my children off to yet ANOTHER "thing"...and its church, so i can't really complain...I am reminded of what my middle daughter said of herself and her siblings years ago. "Mommy, if we were an ice cream flavor it would be Evil. With sprinkles."

   They all are. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment